Tourism Marketing & Development Recovery Program
The Maine Office of Tourism Marketing & Development Recovery Program is funded through the US Economic Development Administration (EDA) American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation State Grant. This sub-award program provides funding to eligible applicants to support the economic recovery of the State’s travel and tourism sectors from the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
Sub-awards will be granted for a minimum amount of $100,000 and a maximum amount of $500,000. Projects must be completed by January 10, 2025. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until January 1, 2024, OR until all funds have been awarded ($2,000,000).
- To support economic recovery from the covid-19 pandemic of the travel and tourism industry in Maine.
- Provide funding for tourism marketing, product development, and training programs that will attract and increase visitation to areas negatively impacted by the pandemic.
Successful applications will demonstrate the potential for long-term transformational impacts; campaigns that reach underrepresented and new and diverse communities of visitors; and projects that will create and/or improve tourism assets that will live on beyond the life of the grant term.
- Maine municipalities, tribal governments or other local governments engaged in economic development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions
- Non-profit organizations or associations within the travel and tourism industry, acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of the State
- Program Guidelines
- Application Instructions & Requirements *revised 3/23/23
- Register for a UEI (Unique Entity Identification) number with Sam.gov if not already a registered entity.
- Register for online grant account – only online applications will be accepted.
- Apply online – click on ‘Maine Office of Tourism’ to start grant application
IMPORTANT APPLICANT INFO:
All applicants must agree to the comply with the following Federal & State regulations:
- Dept. of Commerce Standard Terms and Conditions.
- 2 CFR Part 200 Federal Regulations if awarded.
- Maine DAFS -Addendum A – Agency Uniform Guidance
Hannah Collins – [email protected] (207) 624-7456
Chiara Moriconi – [email protected] (207) 624-9809