Update: June 4, 2021
Maine’s tourism industry is preparing to welcome visitors back to Maine this summer as travel begins to recover from the impact the COVID-19 virus. As we transition toward recovery, the Maine Office of Tourism (MOT) will continue to provide periodic updates on travel and tourism in Maine.
The VisitMaine.com Travel Protocols page provides the most recent travel protocols for visitors traveling to Maine.
The Moving Maine Forward plan provides guidance for Maine people, business and visitors to plan for the summer and further establishes Maine as a safe place to visit.
Keep Maine Healthy is a multilayered approach to protecting Maine residents and visitors and supporting Maine businesses by reducing COVID-19 risks associated with travel. The plan works to provide one of the safest places for people to travel.
Look Out for ME is an initiative providing guidance on how to enjoy the outdoors safely and responsibly, with respect for the land and waters we all love. As more people than ever before venture out to explore the forests, mountains and coastlines that make Maine uniquely Maine, it’s natural that some might not know or may need a reminder of the ins-and-outs of responsible recreation.
- Look Out for ME – help us spread the word about how we can all do our part to protect Maine’s natural resources for generations to come.
“Look Out for ME” Initiative Presentation (2/11/21)
- Marshall Communications has written this guide for social media best practices
- Keep Maine Healthy FAQ
- The Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention