Update: November 18, 2020
Maine’s tourism industry is facing an unprecedented challenge as travel is being significantly impacted by the COVID-19 virus. While it is impossible to speculate on the overall impact COVID-19 will have on the travel industry, the Maine Office of Tourism (MOT) is providing periodic updates on travel and tourism in Maine.
Keep Maine Healthy is a multilayered approach to protecting Maine residents and visitors and supporting Maine businesses by reducing COVID-19 risks associated with travel. The plan works to provide one of the safest places for people to travel.
Maine Office of Tourism Marketing Updates
- Summer 2020 Visitation Overview: MOT 2020 Preliminary Summer Data
- Earned Media and Organic Social Media Program: 2020 Marshall
Watch or listen to the October 29 MOT Quarterly Stakeholders’ virtual meeting:
- The Pledge to Protect ME is a new online option for visitors to use to complete the Certificate of Compliance. For details about how to share and receive information about this new online tool, download the PledgeToProtectME-FAQ.
- VisitMaine.com’s Travel With Care page provides: information regarding quarantine protocols, testing protocols and how to get tested in Maine; a Certificate of Compliance; and Keep Maine Healthy FAQs.
- Marshall Communications has written this guide for social media best practices 2020.
- Download a poster about Maine’s mask requirements here for use in your business:
- Keep Maine Healthy FAQ
- The Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The U.S. Travel Association