October 27, 2021
Quarterly Tourism Stakeholders Update – October 27, 2021
- View Recording
- Research Presentation Slides
- Full Summer Visitation Research Report
- 2021/22 Winter Campaign Preview
EDA Competitive Tourism Grants Opportunity
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) has designated $240 million in funds for Competitive Tourism Grants.
Funding Opportunity Description: Subject to the availability of funds, awards made under this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) will help communities and regions devise and implement sustainable economic recovery strategies through a variety of non-construction and construction projects to respond to damage to the travel, tourism, and outdoor recreation sectors from the coronavirus pandemic and to promote the economic resilience of regions dependent on those industries.
EDA ARPA RESOURCES
Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation
- One Pager (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Webinar
(Maine, New Hampshire)
Philadelphia Regional Office
Linda Cruz-Carnall, Regional Director
Robert N.C. Nix Federal Building
900 Market Street, Room 602
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 597-4603 Main Office
(215) 597-1063 Fax
More Useful Tools
Look Out for ME is an initiative providing guidance on how to enjoy the outdoors safely and responsibly, with respect for the land and waters we all love. As more people than ever before venture out to explore the forests, mountains and coastlines that make Maine uniquely Maine, it’s natural that some might not know or may need a reminder of the ins-and-outs of responsible recreation.
- Look Out for ME – help us spread the word about how we can all do our part to protect Maine’s natural resources for generations to come.
“Look Out for ME” Initiative Presentation (2/11/21)
Managing Visitor Expectations – Resources
- Messaging document
- Thank You for your Patience – 11×17 poster
- Thank You for your Patience – 8.5 x 11 poster
Social Media Best Practices – Marshall Communications has written this guide for social media best practices
The VisitMaine.com Travel Protocols page provides the most recent travel protocols for visitors traveling to Maine.
The Maine CDC has the most updated information on Domestic and International Travel requirements.
- The Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention